Saturday, May 17, 2014

I'm Back! with May Ipsy 2014

Hello Everyone,
I'm picking this blog back up again, life got insane for a bit, but I'd like to try again. I won't bore you with all the details, but here we go!

I resubscribed to Ipsy, formerly known as MyGlam, for a full year. It's one of my favorite subscription services because the products are good, the bags are adorable, and now they added a points system! The points system is similar to BirchBox, where you get points for reviewing the products that come in your bag.
There is a profile survey to fill out, which determines what product versions you get in your bag.
It's $10 a month, or $100 for a year subscription. There is a waitlist, but you can easily get around that either by keeping up on facebook, or sometimes they have a promotion like they did when I signed up, where you subscribe to 5 youtube vloggers that are partnered with them, like them on facebook, and then the waitlist is waived. You can immediately unsubcribe from the vlogger channels if they are not ones you enjoy watching, with no penalty.

If this sounds interesting to you, here is a link to go check out Ipsy!. (It is my promo link, for transparancy sake, if you don't want to use a promo link, just google Ipsy instead.)

*All products shown in this blog were purchased by myself for review, and nothing was sent to me from Ipsy that I did not pay for with my own money*

Okay on to the products!

This month's bag is spring themed, and it's super cute.

Eva Hair Mask, Avene Thermal Spring Water, Pacifica Eyeshadow, Too Faced, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Too Faced Bronzer, Hang Ten Sunblock, Hang Ten Sport, Ipsy May 2014
 The bag is a really nice canvas, with green leaves on it.
There are 5 products inside as you can see.
The products I received inside my bag are:
  • Eva Therapy Session Hair Mask 60 mL/2.03 fl oz $1.80  (Full size is 500 mL for $15)
  • Ave'ne Thermal Spring Water for Sensitive Skin - 50 ml  $1.13   (Full size is 800 mL for $18)
  • Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo in #1   2.0 gr/.07 oz $4.45 (Full Size Enlighten Pallete $14 for 4 shadows .22 oz)
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep 2.5 gr/.08 oz  $6.85   (Full size $30 for .35 oz)
  • Hang Ten SPF 50 Classic Sport Sunblock 1 Fl Oz $2.17   (Full size is $13 for 6 Fl Oz)                       

Here we have another shot of the bag products, except that you can see the card inside that it came with. The theme this month is Fresh Picks.

Also I opened the products so you can see what the eyeshadow duo and the bronzer look like.
(click the photos to make them larger)



Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo #1, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer


Here is a close up of the Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo.
The colors have a metallic finish effect to them, with the cream one looking metallic pink & the brown one looks like a metallic bronze. This surprised me since from the photos I saw, they looked matte.

The Chocolate Soleil says it's Med/Deep but even if you are super fair you should easily be able to wear this.

Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo Swatches Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Swatch


Here's a swatch on my hand with no primer. I'm a NW15 in Mac/Ivory colored skintone.

On the left, we have the Pacifica Duo swatches. The cream color swatches as a shimmery pink with a frosty finish, and the brown as a metallic frosty bronze. The formula is good on these, there was no crumbling and the finish is not powdery.

On the far right is the Bronzer. It smells like chocolate and actually tastes like it as well which is interesting. I looked at the ingredients and they do put saccharin in this so if you are trying to stay away from sweeteners, this product has it in it. I don't know how irritating that may be to the skin. There is also cocoa powder in it as well, and they put violet coloring to counteract the orange color I believe. All in all this seems like a nice bronzer, but if you have sensitive skin I would stay away from it since it's fragranced and has unnecessary ingredients in it.
 I find this to be more of a novelty product to be honest.
 The formula is smooth and goes on nice and evenly and despite my super pale skin, this looks like it can easily be used to contour/bronze by me.

I'll use these products this week and then get back to you about how they all end up working! 

The total retail value of this bag that I calculated is $16.40 for the product alone, and then giving the canvas bag a value of about $3, the bag would be about $19.40 if you were to buy it in a store. So I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment