Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spotted at CVS: L'Oreal Magic BB Cream!

While at my local CVS today, I was looking in their seasonal makeup section, spotted the L'Oreal BB Cream display!

I was surprised because they have a sample tester to try out, on the display! I wish they had one for each color, but at least one was out so I could play around with it. 

Loreal BB Cream

 I put it on my hand, and was surprised that it comes out white. There are little pearls in it, and as you can see from the middle smear, rubbing the product causes it to change colors and adjust to your skintone.

The tester is in Light, but my skintone is a very fair NW15, Ivory and on me it was like my skintone with a tan. I wouldn't use this color on my face because it's 2 to 3 shades too dark.
Loreal BB Cream Swatch
Rubbing the rest of it caused it all to change color and after I took this photo, it turned dark orange bronze! You can see the darker bits at the bottom.

Rubbing the product in was easy, it's very light and not greasy or too dry. The way the color develops is pretty neat too!

There was no scent that I could detect, and it's not too shiny or greasy looking like the Garnier version of a BB cream tends to be.


I ended up purchasing the product in the color 810 Fair, which is the first tube on the left in the display. Right now they have a promo where if you spend $15 in L'oreal cosmetics, you get $5 back. I ended up purchasing a L'oreal Nail Polish in "Jet Set to Paris" as well, just to get the dollar amount. The BB Cream retailed for $11.29 for a 1.0 oz tube at my CVS.

The tube isn't sealed, which does bother me since a lot of people test out products from the retail ones for sale. So make sure you check yours before taking it home. 

I know some people found it for cheaper at Rite Aid. I'm beginning to think that CVS makes it's prices higher to account for all the Extra Bucks deals. I've noticed price descrepancies as large as $5 between my CVS and the Walmart on the same product, with Walmart being the less expensive one. So make sure you check out around your stores so that you really get the best deal possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment