Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gossip Girl Birchboxes! Xoxo

Something exciting came in the mail! My Gossip Girl Themed Birchboxes! Yay!

If you aren't sure what Birchbox is, it's a monthly subscription program for $10. You fill out a beauty profile, and they send you a goodie box every month according to a theme, and the box you get is choosen due to your profile.
Of course, some people get items that aren't really profile matching, so that's kind of up in the air at this point. But I will say that if you can afford two different profiles, if you have a personality like mine that has different likes that sometimes a simple quiz will deem as opposite, it's worth it to get two takes on the same theme.

The boxes I received this month are Boxes 9 & 19.

Opening the box, you are greeted with the standard Birchbox format. the brown cardboard box embossed with birchbox has a themed sleeve over it, and that is all enclosed in the mailer box.
Both boxes look identical at this point.



 The first box I opened is themed Chic Sunday Brunch.
The card has the description of the theme on it, and some discount codes on the bottom. (hint, click on any of the photos in this blog to view full sized!)
 Next is the card explaining what all is included in this months box.






I got Atelier Cologne in Vanilla Insensee, Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap, Dr Jart Waterfuse BB cream, Fresh Sugar Rose Lip treatment with SPF 15, and a twistband!
 Photo of all the goodies! The perfume sample comes in a really fancy wax paper bag with a pretty postcard inside and the perfume vial.
I'm super excited to try this because I LOVE vanilla scents.

The Dr. Jart BB cream comes in a little tube, I've been wanting to try this out since I first heard about it, so this is a really exciting sample too.
 Here's a close up of the perfume sample and the Dr. Jart tube, which is a 2mL size.

The perfume vial is a regular size like the ones you can get at department stores, and it has a stopper top instead of spray.
The notes in that are: 
vanilla, jasmine and fresh lime to bond with rich oak moss, woods and spicy coriander.

I put it on and love how it smells. It's fresh and vanilla scented, and almost smells like mens cologne mixed with womens perfume, as weird as that sounds. It's very lush and warm smelling. I really love it.
A 6.7 oz bottle, which is huge for perfume, retails for $175. Which yes that is pricey, but that size should literally last several years. So I might consider saving up for this one.

 Unwrapping the little pink tissue package, we have the Sugar Tinted Lip product, another one I've been eager to try. [It's also the Beauty Insider Birthday Gift this year!]

And a nail polish! Last month I was super bummed not to get the nail polish featured, so I'm so happy that I got a pretty gold color this month.

We also have the Gossip Girl themed note card that was included in every bag. I like free stationary, so that's cool with me that they sent this item too!

This is my absolute favorite birchbox so far! Everything in it is something I've been wanting to try, and I can't wait to crack it open and try everything out!

Next is my second box! The theme for this was thankfully different than the first. As much as I adore my first box, I love getting two different profiles to try out.
This one is Hampton's Beach Party. Again, describes the theme relating to the show, and then has a discount code at the bottom. 





The items included in this box are Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline, Color Club Pastels in Clambake Coral, Kiehls Absysaine cream, and Ojon hair conditioner.







Here is the card, and the face cream and the hair conditioner with the little package including the rest. I really love how they wrap everything, it feels super special and nice.










The contents unwrapped! There's the color club nail polish in Coral which is my favorite color right now, and the perfume sample.

To be honest, this box is a little less exciting for me, because I already have tried the Ojon, the vial card is a brand regularly available in Sephora here, and it's just not as exciting to me. But the Kiehls is something I've been wanting to try for some time now, so that's super awesome.


I love Gossip Girl and I love Birchbox, so this month was so exciting! The birchboxes continue to impress me, and I really really do not regret signing up. I think they have one of the best subscription boxes out there for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment