Thursday, September 22, 2011

BeautyFix Fall Unboxing!

I received my Beauty Fix box in the mail today!

If you're not sure what Beautyfix is, it's a seasonal product subscription service where you get deluxe sample size products, and sometimes full size as well, for $50. The difference between this program and ones such as Test Tube are that you actually get to choose what products you would like to receive, and the products that you choose from are recommended to you based on a profile quiz that you take. The profile quiz has questions such as hair type, eye color, skin type etc.

They were kind enough to give my mailing address to UPS, who also nicely dropped my box off at the USPS yesterday. Living rural means that my address is one thing for the USPS and another for the UPS, which can cause confusion when ordering online.
Thankfully the customer service got it straightened out.

Opening my box, there was a bunch of brown paper on top. I pulled out the paper, and my products were pretty much just sitting on the bottom of the shipping box. Some of the packages had small crumple marks, but nothing major. However, if you were purchasing these items for gifts, it might be an issue.

Also, my Murad Serum had the outer cap come off, and then dispenser nozzle as well. Thankfully it seems like none of the product was missing, and everything popped back on easily.

To be honest, it was not the best shipping job I've ever seen. It was acceptable, but only just, and they definitely are a no frills shipping company. I would not at all be surprised if some of the items people get have been damaged in mailing. They should really consider using some bubble wrap and packaging the products more carefully.

Here's a photo of the products I received in my box. I know others have had problems where the things they selected were OOS, and Beautyfix just kind of sent them whatever was left. Luckily that was not the case for me. I got everything I picked out for my box, no substitutions. It probably helps that as soon as they announced the new season was open, I jumped on and selected products.



There are 8 products in total, and then underneath the bottom row, you can see the large cosmetic bag that I was sent as well. The bag is surprisingly large! I was able to fit everything that you see, into the bag and zip it shut w/o any issues at all, which is pretty amazing.

The list of products I received are, from top left to bottom right:


Exuviance Rejuvinating Treatment Masque -- 2.5 oz $30

Elizabeth Grant Biocallasis Complex Regen. Ultimate Cell. Concent. -- 1.5 oz $70

Murad Active Radiance Serum --.5 oz $45

Replenix Eye repair cream -- .20 oz $30

Kinerase Photofacial Cleanser -- 2oz $16

Jane Iredale White/Pink Highlighter -- $15.50

iQ Derma Perfect Fit Teeth Whitening System -- 2pc. $35

EVOLvh Ultrashine Moisture conditioner -- 8.5 oz $25

----------------
Total: $266.50 Retail

Pretty good deal! I like that the Beautyfix program is not a monthly program, because that actually makes it much more affordable. I shopped around quite extensively to figure out what monthly program really was the best fit for me, and I liked that this one has quite a selection of skincare, because I tend to use the same makeup products and don't really need a lot of those.

Next I'll be posting an unboxing of the Dermstore Beautyfix Mystery Surprise Box 9 piece kit that I am getting in the next few days. I didn't actually mean for that order to go through, but it did, so hopefully I like what's in it! I put that subscription on hold for now because I cannot afford a monthly subscription service at this point in time. But I will post what is in the box, and start using the products so I can review them for you all!

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment