Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Julep Maven Program!

Okay, I swear that Julep is not paying me to make these reviews. It's just that they keep releasing new stuff, and I feel like I should review it in case anyone is looking for more information.

Last week, they had a survey asking if customers wanted to be able to join a subscription for a nail polish kit of the month club, called Julep Maven's. I'm guessing there was a resounding YES, because they did the soft launch today and I got to put in my order for the first kit. The kits are similar to the ones that they send to magazines such as Allure, Glamour, Marie Claire and others, in order to showcase their new colors and product launches. Each kit is tailored for the particular magazine, since each has a different reader base. It matches you to an editor, and that's how they determine which kit you get.

Basically, you take a short quiz on the site, that displays pictures and comes up with a "style profile" for you. Unfortunately, the results are not all viewable when you are finished. You only get to see "your" profile. I got "American Beauty" which includes 2 bottles of nail polish, a nail treatment and then a freebie glycolic hand scrub. If you read my last review, you know I'm not super crazy about the scrub so I might end up giving it away on here instead! But the set is really nice, and for $20 you get over $50 worth of product. I really wish I had taken a screencap of the set that they showed as my results.

All in all, the program sounds awesome. You have the option of skipping a month, sending your months gift to a friend instead for no extra charge, asking for a different product if you don't like the one that came up as "yours" that month, or you can cancel. They made it super hassle free, which is great. I generally don't join most subscription services because there are so many hidden catches, but this is one of the very few that seems totally legit and honest.

If you're interested in checking it out, here's a link to look at the Julep Maven program and see what it's about. The FAQ has tons of info about it and is really good at explaining everything.

When I get my kit, I'll post a review for everyone to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment