Saturday, December 4, 2010


Sorry for the re-post of the photo for those of you on my FB friends list.

Every year I decorate my little tree first. It stands about 1 foot tall, and I had to buy special miniature ornaments for it. I used to put normal sized ones on it, before the miniature kind were found.
Now I just use a few of the regular ornaments below the tree as the presents, since we happen to have several that look like toys. This year I also got a garland, which fills in the open spaces quite nicely, along with some new glass balls that my mom found and surprised me with.

The little tree was a gift from my best friends family. Her parents are like another set of parents to me. They had bought her and her sister each one of these trees as a Christmas present the year prior, and they had them out. I exclaimed that they were really cute and that I liked them, thinking nothing of it. They're also the family I spent Christmas morning with when my mom and dad both had to work, so that way I wouldn't be all alone. Her mom makes breakfast with eggs, veggie sausage, croussants, and we make sandwiches out of the toasted croussants with egg and cheese. To me that's still a special "Christmas Breakfast"
Anyways, they gave me this little tree as a present that year, and I've had it ever since. I pull it out after Thanksgiving and decorate it first, before we get out the big tree.
It is in my room, and it always looks so cute and cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment