Saturday, March 24, 2012

Birchbox March Unboxing: Regular Version

 My regular version of the Birchbox arrived! I had already signed up for a regular account, when the Teen Vogue ones were released.

This account got the "leftover" box as some call it. I guess their welcome box tends to be products from the month BEFORE which I was really disappointed about because one of the reasons I joined was due to the Color Club nail polish that they hinted about!

The box I got had a card that read "Spring Training" on it and detailed the products and how they would help with winter blahs.

 As you can see, everything is wrapped super nicely. I really love the packaging that they do because it feels like you are unwrapping a present.

There is pink tissue, and the products are carefully put in there and then they always wrap part of the products in tissue as a nice little present type deal, which I love.
If you click on the photograph, it gets larger so you can see everything easier. I just didn't want to post a gigantic photograph and bog down everyones internet trying to load it. =]

The box I received is Box 23, the last box in the list of them all.

The description is as follows:

March Box Hi there! We’ve always had a bit of a love-hate relationship with March. Spring isn’t quite in full bloom, and it’s easy to fall into a when-is-my-vacation funk. But enough of that. This month, we’re shaking off everything that’s weighing us down. Bye-bye, beauty baggage! To help whip your beauty routine into shape, we’ve chosen samples that will tackle all of your lingering beauty annoyances. Hair? Consider it tamed. Skin? Vibrant. Once your regimen is on the right track, you’ll have plenty of time to tackle other problems—like what you’re going to wear this season. xoxo, Katia, Hayley & the Birchbox Team
  1. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser
  2. Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien
  3. Eye Rock Designer Liner
  4. Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go
  5. Hollywood Fashion Secrets® Hollywood Fashion Tape®
  6. Orofluido Elixir

At first when I saw that these were the products I was receiving, I have to say, I was super disappointed. The other march boxes all have nail polishes in them, and other products I would love to try. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I actually really like my box. It's kind of boring, to be honest, but it's more utilitarian and I think it'll be fun to try out the eyeliners. I am really really bad at applying eyeliner, so it'll be fun for me to get to use those and see how it compares. I also am excited to try out the nail polish remover pads, because I tried out the Julep Sample ones that they sent, and they were terrible. So I'll be interested to see how the Deborah Lipman ones compare, since I've heard a lot of good things. 

When I try everything, I'll come back with reports! 
Also, just so everyone knows, I haven't forgotten about the REVIEW portion of this blog. Right now I'm using some products in my regular makeup routine, and I know it's been awhile, but I want to give things a real use before putting up reviews. 

Thanks so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment