Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CVS mini haul



After coming back from staying with my grandparents, my skin was a mess because I forgot my facewash.
I had some ExtraCare bucks to use and decided to go and get Biore strips. Luckily for me, they had a special, where if you spend $10 in biore, curel, or jergens, you get $3 in ECB's. So that was nice because it's what I was going to buy anyways! They had a shelf tag on the 14 pack of face and nose strips indicating that if you bought that box, you would qualify for the ECB, so I nabbed the last box. Always read the little shelf tags if you can! It's easy to "tune them out" but sometimes they can help you save money.

I had 8.50 in ECB to use, and then the "magic coupon machine" printed out a coupon for $3 off of any $10 cosmetic purchase. If you have a CVS rewards card, make your first stop in the store the red coupon machine! Scan your card until you get the message on the screen telling you there are no more coupons. For some reason, it doesn't print them all out at once, and sometimes it takes multiple scans to get them all to print.

I also had a coupon for 35 cents off of any Carmex product, and after looking up online for a match up, I found out that the Moisture Plus brand at CVS has a rebate offer good for up to $2.99 on it!

Admittedly, I ended up getting the Rimmel Lash Accelerator serum as a sort of impulse buy, since it costs almost $10, and the Wet N Wild Nail polish to bump the purchase up to $10 to get my $3 off. The pretty coral color is what I like to wear on my toes, so I'll definitely use it all up.

Here is my running total:

1 Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips combo back 14 ct ... $9.99
1 Carmex Moisture Plus ultra hydrating lip balm ...........$3.39
1 Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum Grow Lash Complex.$9.29
1 Wet n Wild "Wild Shine" Nail Polish in Blazed................$0.99
----------------------------------------------------------------
Total Before Discounts $23.66

Coupons: - $8.50 ECB
- $3.00 CVS coupon
- $.035 Carmex Coupon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Saved - $11.85

CA Tax $1.17
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total after discounts and added tax $12.98

So for the price of one box of Biore Strips and the Carmex, I also got a nail polish and the lash accelerator. I also get $2.99 back from the rebate, and had $3 ECB print out on my receipt from buying the Biore! So after those are added in, the whole thing was only $7.

I'm by no means a "Crazy Couponer" but I do use them whenever they match up with things I am already purchasing, or make something I have been eying for awhile [the lash accelerator] much more affordable.

Definitely make sure you check out the ads, and see if there are any coupon match ups. Lately I've been making all my beauty related purchases at CVS because they have the Beauty Rewards program, that gives you $5 back for every $50 purchase you make. Add that onto the CVS rewards card kickbacks that I get, and coupons, and you can score some good deals. It does take some effort and timing, but I think it's worth it!

I like to use this site for "Match Ups" because it tells you if there are printable coupons, manufacturers ones, or peelies on the labels that will save you $$.

I'll try out the products and post reviews on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment