Saturday, May 31, 2014

City Color Cosmetics BB Cream

City Color Cosmetics are an affordable line, and they have all sorts of beautiful matte blushes, a huge array of eyeshadows, and bronzers.

Their BB Cream is only $4.99 for a .820 oz tube, so it's definitely one of the more affordable ones that I have seen. That said, it's not *really* a BB Cream. It's just a heavily scented, tinted moisturizer. Real BB Creams are skincare, sunblock, and makeup, all in one. This is missing sunblock and the skincare is negligible.

City Color Cosmetics make the following claims:

"Our BB Cream is the ultimate all-in-one moisturizer that gives you the advantage to minimize the need for foundation or concealer and enhance your skins overall health. Comes in 8 comparable skin-tone shades. This sensational cream will help you hide any imperfections and is terrific for your skin.
 "Benefits: - Moisturizing - Natural Coverage - Evens Skin Tone
 - Oil Absorbing - Paraben FREE - Vitamin E & Hyaluronic Acid"



Right off the bat, I would have to disagree with this statement. It's hardly an "All in One" because like I mentioned, No SPF to speak of. So you still have to put on a regular moisturizer first. Then, the coverage. It's extremely light, and not buildable at all, so it will not hide "any" imperfections. A little ruddiness, sure. But blemishes, dark circles, wrinkles and lines will all still be easily seen. Also, the only thing that it has that can help your skin out is the vitamin E, and then the acid. There are no amounts given on the packaging, so I mean, they literally could just put a drop and say it has it in there. 


The tube is just a basic white squeeze type tube.  The lid is a screw on cap and everything is made out of plastic. It's not amazing packaging, but it looks decent. The squeeze tube is easy to use, but the product is thick so you can accidentally get too much.

Also, I cleaned mine off, but it turns into a mess with makeup smeared all over it pretty easily after a couple of uses.

Packaging: 7/10 

 Their BB Cream comes in 8 shades, which is not the most amazing color selection, but they are one of the few companies that I have seen make darker shades for their BB Creams too.

I'm NW 15 in Mac, Ivory in everything else. I got the lightest shade and it works, but is not a perfect match.
As you can see, it's really really yellow based. My skin has more red tones in it, and while this does help neutralize them to some extent, it is not a match really. Apparently, I should have also ordered the Buff color, since it's the pink based one. The swatches on the website were extremely difficult to judge color off of, but at least these are cheap enough you could buy 2 or even 3 color to mix to make your own perfect shade.

I have combination skin, and I found that this product just does not last, even with a makeup setting spray.

By 4 hours I look like I never even put on makeup at all, and everything is patchy.
I would say it is oil absorbing, since I never get shiny, and initially it does even out your skintone. It's moiturizing because it's a tinted moisturizer, so that's pretty much a given.

Here is a comparison of the product swatched on my wrist, and then rubbed in.


Again, you can see how pigmented the lotion is, along with how yellow based it looks.












Here is the product rubbed in. Honestly, I really don't see a difference in my skintone between the two pictures, or in person.

The lotion rubs in really easily, but accentuates any hair, or imperfections, lines & wrinkles that may be present.

Also, the last thing that I really don't like at all, is that this product is extremely heavily scented like Baby Powder.
I was wearing it and didn't realize it was scented, and could not figure out why I kept smelling Baby Powder all day long.
It took me until the 3rd use to figure out that it was this product! Facial products should not be scented, let alone heavily, because it's irritating to the skin. If you have sensitive skin, or are sensitive to smells, I would not recommend this product to you because of that.

All in all, the City Color BB Cream is just okay. I would not repurchase it. It has no SPF, is heavily scented, does not cover up imperfections at all, and wears off quickly. I would say this product would probably be best for people who have pretty much perfect skin. A younger teenager could wear this and it would be fine. It makes a good base for liquid foundation, but due to the lack of SPF you have to put on an SPF, then this product, and then the other ones, which can get heavy feeling.
It completely fails as a Beauty Balm Cream, and barely passes as a tinted moisturizer. 

I give it a 4/10 personally. There are many other far better BB Creams at the drugstore to choose from, so I see no need to go with this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment